GIRL BOSS

Thursday, March 16, 2017

jacket- Bebe // top- Forever 21 // jeans- Hidden Fashion //

Happy Thursday! This week has absolutely FLOWN by my goodness, it needs to stop, spring break must last FOREVER and then and only then will I be satisfied that that is a long enough break for me, yeah, that'd be nice. But alas, time does fly when you're having fun! And I actually am! I've been scrapbooking, and trying new recipes, enjoying the freedom of not having stacks on stacks on stacks of work to do, which is SO relieving, overall it's been a fantastic week so far :)

When I was putting this outfit together I reminded myself of Sophia Amoruso on the cover of her book #GirlBoss, which I haven't read (actually JUST amazon primed ((is amazon prime a verb now?)) and I'm super excited for it) but I've seen the cover everywhere so I'm familiar with it. And it got me thinking, not only do I need to read the dang book myself, but what a "Girl Boss" actually is. To me it's someone who is independent, strong, and manages all things around them with effortless power, yet is only aggressive where she needs to be, and is always on her game to make everything fair and equal, not seeing others as competition but as a support system helping her better herself in an intelligent positive way and always doing the same for others. I push myself everyday to be this ideal image of a girl boss, someone who is so strong and full of passion for what they do. I also think now, more than ever, it is incredibly important to not only support yourself as a girl boss, but to continue to lift up the fellow girl bosses around you. So I haven't read this book yet, but once I do, I'll be sure to do some sort of write up about it :) BUT in honor of all my beautiful girl bosses out there, here are some quotes from other girl bosses around the world! Happy National Women's History Month! xo
"You become what you believe." -Oprah Winfrey
"Don't assume a door is closed. Push on it" - Marian Wright Edelman
"We must reject not only the stereotypes that others have of us, but also those that we have of ourselves." -Shirley Chisholm
"Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror." -Byron Katie
"Passion for your work is a little bit of discovery, followed by a lot of development, and then a lifetime of deepening." -Angela Duckworth
"It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It's necessary." -Mandy Hale
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." -Nora Ephron
"Each time a woman stands up for herself, without knowing it possibly, without claiming it, she stands up for all women." -Maya Angelou
"If you always do what interest you, at least one person is pleased." -Katharine Hepburn

FOLLOW ME:

No comments

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?