Savor Every Moment

Monday, April 20, 2020

Good Morning Lovely Human Beings!

Hope everyone is doing well in quarantine, staying healthy, happy, and sane. If anyone ever wants to talk about their experience, how they're feeling or really anything, I'm always here. Just shoot me a DM on Instagram. 

So lately I have been thinking a lot about living in the moment. If you don't already know, each year I do a one second everyday video (2017, 2018, 2019). And I recently was complaining to a friend about how boring my one second video is recently. Just videos of me walking my dog, the occasional puzzle, and lots of just hanging out. I even made a clip for the video to say, "hey sorry things have been boring, it's day 1,342 of quarantine, not much is going on." 

I look back on my previous one second videos and really miss those times. The good times, the fun adventures with friends, the belly laughs, the up-all-night dance parties, all good things that make me say, "oh I wish we could go back to old times. I miss pre-corona life." 

When in reality, all of those moments were pretty fleeting. Sure I took a one second video to remember it for times like these, but I know that I rarely took time to take a step back and appreciate exactly where I was in that moment and how great it was, I just lived through it. As most people do... 

But I think instead of complaining about not having "fun quarantine content" it's a really good time to slow down and really appreciate the good things. Really take time to savor every moment in quarantine. Especially when things are so crazy in the world right now. I want to take time to really embrace every beautiful flower I see when walking my dog, or the great accomplishment of finally finishing a super difficult puzzle. 

I think I want to use this time to bring a daily practice of really living intentionally into my life so post corona, I can really truly enjoy those up-all-night dance parties like it's my last. 

Because the truth is, no one saw this coming. No one knew the midnight beach trips, kisses at sunset, and deep talks on the balcony would be the last before quarantine. So instead of longing for a "pre-corona" adventure, look forward to all of the future adventures yet to come, adventures that you will enjoy like it's your last. 

I used to be a big goal setter, a big go getter, not that I no longer try or something like that... but I think right now my main goal is to live intentionally. I want to stop trying to set out of reach goals, but take it day by day. Make others around me happy, know that everyday is a new day, a new chance to learn, grow, move, and groove. A new chance to be happy and grateful for every little thing in this world. 

The future is unpredictable, but I want to challenge you all to start living intentionally, savor every moment, and as cliche as it is, live each day like it's your last. (don't go skydiving and doing crazy things everyday or something, but you know what I mean.)

A movie that I ADORE that covers this topic is About Time, here is a clip about living each day with an intention. If you haven't seen it you MUST, it's on Netflix (also he's a time traveler, so that's why he's talking about living a day twice)


Have a wonderful week <3
xo, O