SUPER EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Good morning loves! Lately I have been craving banana bread like no other, so it was sort of perfect when I realized we had these neglected bananas laying around our kitchen!! The best thing about this recipe for me was that I didn't even have to leave my house for a single thing! It was all right here :) (okay that's kind of a lie, I had to borrow the pan from a neighbor... but anyway...) It's so so easy to make and omg, SO DELISH! Okay, what are we waiting for! Let's get started!
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED:
2-3 rather ripe bananas, peeled (ripe enough to be super mushy and gooey)
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
AND HERE'S HOW TO DO IT:
preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC), and butter a 4x8inch loaf pan

in a mixing bowl, mix together butter, baking soda, salt, sugar, vanilla extract, flour and the already beaten egg.

do your best to squish bananas while they are still in the peel! This will reduce mashing with a fork, which is harder than it looks.

mix everything together until you've reached about the constancy pictured below
adding chocolate chips is optional, I did and I don't regret it... just saying, it's delicious.
pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to an hour, I did mine for 50 just fine, but every oven is different. Know your oven, connect with your oven, BE YOUR OVEN!
And there you have it!!! A beautiful loaf of your very own!! I should say, "once you remove it from the oven, set and let cool for at least 30 minutes to an hour before removing it from the pan and slicing..." but who am I kidding, I'm impatient as heck and dug right in... But hey! It's better warm anyway! 

I really hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do! It only took about ten minutes to prep and I'm super pleased with how it turned out! Let me know what you think, if and when you try this! 

Have a fantastic Wednesday! xo, O

FOLLOW ME:

No comments

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?