Going Through Changes

Monday, February 26, 2024

 

Nothing major... just moving, contemplating a dye job, and looking for signs in the stars more than ever before. 


The hunt for a new apartment has been brutal, okay, not necessarily brutal, simply,, tough. Trudging through the murky waters of brokers and their silly made-up fees, it's a scammer's paradise over here. T-minus three days until we have to move out and not a signed lease in site. 


No doubt we will find the perfect place soon enough. I've been an absolute hound on these tours, filming everything, pepper spray and full heavy hydro flask in tow, staying vigilant of creepos and cognisant of sun directions. I always pull my compass out. Don't doubt me. 



Real Quick, let's discuss these killer photos and my outfit. Photos were taken by the ever-talented Maria Wurtz. Maria is truly a stunning, glowy soul, a fast friend, and a wickedly talented photographer. I haven't had this much fun on a photoshoot in a while. 


Structurally, this outfit is one of my favorite formats: a flouncy textured first layer under a straight silhouette mid-layer, topped with an additional, different type of texture on top. It's a texture sandwich! And obviously, no outfit is complete without many a jewel, a beret because,  duh, don't be crazy, and my prize possession, Melissas. 


Working our way up from there, the tights are Lazy Oaf- a total winner in the socks and tights department, trust. The dress I rented from nuuly, I'll go on a (positive) nuuly rant another time. But know that I love this service so dearly, it has truly been a life changer for me as a professional, certified, trademarked fashion girlie. The blazer I successfully thrifted while in Sacramento, at the, THE Thrift Town from Lady Bird. The vest I've owned for eons. The necklace was gifted to me by my brother this past Christmas from the American Folk Art Museum here in NYC. Earrings and rings are some brand of hand-me-down from my mothergrandmotheraunt. Don't forget to peep the Bejeweled bracelet. My beret, dare I say.... is Forever 21 from high school. Glasses, don't know, don't ask. Lastly, BAGS! Bags are made by someone who's name is escaping my brain, but I'll go chase after it sometime this afternoon and fill you in later... 


As mentioned, the move isn't the only change. Maybe it's the meds, maybe it's the sun sticking around longer and longer every day. The springtime mood shift is in the air. Of course, I'm a colorful winter fashionista, but the outfits are getting funkier, brighter, and more me. 


Though I'm up to my neck in spackle and bubble wrap, stress is high, but it's a comforting stress, a stress that can only occur knowing good change is in the future. I must work through this madness to find sanity at the end of the road!!!!!!!!!! I'm sprinting, believe me. 


I'm grasping more control of my filter, feeling stronger and more confident in my decisions, something I was never too talented at. Therapy has been a huge help (thanks, Martha), but even as I further myself in my career, as friendships and relationships change, I remain true to myself, and my feet are planted firmly where I stand. Despite the literal cross-city move I'm making, of course. It's nice to be amidst such chaos and still find my footing. That's new to me. It's rewarding, and I find myself feeling proud of my own growth and behavior! 



I toured an apartment today that really felt right; it had everything I could ever wish for!! Dream of me tonight in my beautiful new apartment with my private rooftop, big windows, and art studio space... I'll be dreaming of you...


Xo, O

2 comments:

What's On Your Mind?