Ever Since New York

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Hello from Brooklyn! It's official, I've up and moved to the big apple to live out the life my middle school self always dreamed of, did she dream about living paycheck to paycheck and missing trains and street rats? probably not, but I think she'd still be proud! I probably won't go into a full on post but I still wanted to share with you some highlights since moving here in September :-)

So this is Lindsay! Conveniently, we had known each other from both being in the fashion world here in RIchmond so we were able to get a Uhaul together and drive on up to our little apartment in Brooklyn! It was great being able to have a travel companion and things have been going so well ever since! 
For the most part, I work up in Dobbs Ferry, NY which is just above Yonkers. I'm not going to lie to you, the trek is exactly that, a TREK! But its a wonderful escape from the city and a great place to work. I teach art to young kids! It's magical :-)
REEEEECE! Reece has been living in the city since May! It's so good to be back by his side taking on this city by storm together! We spend most of our time rating and reviewing the best pizzas in Brooklyn and trying to find free time between our busy work schedules to explore the city!
And Saunders is here too!! He's in grad school at NYU studying smarty pants stuff! It's cool having him so close, we meet up for weekly breakfast and as you can see here the occasional birthday!
We've been doing a good amount of home improvement which basically just means painting anything we can get our hands on! I painted our kitchen backsplash which originally was BROWN! I mean, really?! Why brown when it can be ORANGE! It's fun brightening things up before the dark winter comesssss 
Some more fun photos! The subway is always a prime time photo spot...
I live in Crown Heights and I really love it so much, it's nice being away from noisy Manhattan, and my area is super residential so i'm surrounded by families which I like a lot too!
I think my favorite way to see the city so far is just to walk around and let myself get lost. There are so many fun neighborhoods and gems on every corner! I'm so in love with this colorful city!
Lots of good times with good friends :-)
I also saw Harry Styles in concert which was a DREAM! literally so magical, everything 1D obsessed Olivia could have imagined and more! One of the best nights in NYC so far for SURE!
Joanna visited which was amazing! We did a bunch of fall activities like carving pumpkins, baking apple pie, and more! We ate SUCH good foods and our favorite thing for sure was riding the Revel mopeds around town! SUCH a good way to see the city and explore! We felt so cool doing it too... a real treat :-)
I've loved seeing my students make such inspiring art! I am learning so much from them and cannot wait to see how they continue to learn and grow throughout this season! It's been a lot of fun! Just like this journey since moving here! Who knows what's next, whatever it is I can't wait :-) xo, O

No comments

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?