Make Marble Watercolor Dishes!

Friday, December 26, 2014

I don't know about you, but I love anything marbled. I think it's just the prettiest! For Christmas this year I made my grandma these dishes to put around her house for whenever she needs to take off her rings to do something she wont ever loose them :)
 Here's what you'll need:
-WHITE (a fair amount) and black oven bake clay, along with other colors of your choosing
-a few oven safe bowls
-an oven (obvi)
-something to roll the clay out with, I used a large jar
 First, roll out some strips of clay
 Roll a few together and then twist all of them together. Then roll those up into a ball
 To get a watercolor affect really work the colors in so they look blended
 Then roll that out, if you need it a bit bigger, just stretch it with your hands
 I used the bottom of ramekins to shape mine, but you choose.
And lastly, bake them for 10 minutes at 275! Based on the power of your oven, you can adjust that as you please, just watch them because if they get too hot they, will crack. (oh no!!) They will feel like hard rubber when they are cooled.

Enjoy! And if you do make these, be sure to tag me (@olivebarrett) or use the hashtag #allthoselittlethingsblog in any photos you take :)
xo

No comments

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?