you

Saturday, December 14, 2013

As I was looking at my self in the mirror this evening I thought long and hard about why we constantly feel as though we need to change ourselves to please others. 
even to please ourselves. 
in these few photos I have shared with you I am standing in my messy bathroom, camera behind my mirror, in the medicine cabinet, self timer on.
I am wearing a dirty sweater that was previously balled up on my floor, my hair is messy and I am not wearing any makeup. 
we all look beautiful just the way they are, sans makeup and the thought of judgement. 
judgement: that's a big word.
the ones that may be older, smarter, more stylistic, have their ways with words, we try to please them because we feel they will judge us in a negative way otherwise.
But what's they point?
They try to please other people too
can't we all just live with out 
a cake face of makeup
the perfect outfit
finding that one photo to get enough likes...
but does that mean you are actually liked? 
take off your makeup.
forget the judgement...
do what makes you happy
those who truly love you will come to you.
for you. 
xoxolivia.




6 comments:

  1. you are lovely xxx tyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i'm really touched by this post. you really know how to get to what's REAL. you are so amazing!!!
    thank you for sharing this message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this so much. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I love your blog by the way :)

      Delete
  4. this is amazing olivia!

    ReplyDelete

What's On Your Mind?