Rev Up That Engine

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Starting school back up after Christmas break has always been hard, in that case, here are some tips to get your engine revved back up for the new year.

1. Dont stress yourself out:
just stay happy and healthy, it is a fresh slate completely new grades, new classes, maybe some new teachers. Who knows... new boys? Everything will pan out just the way that you want it to, you just have to slow down and take it easy. 

2. Clothes: like getting dressed for the first day of school is hard enough, it's also after Christmas and you have gotten plenty of new things that you want to show off. Well, don't. How I see it people come back to school wearing head to toe complete new outfits, wearing to many accessories and things that don't work together, just because they want to show off all of their new things. But then that way you wont have anything else new to wear the next week. Why would you want to do that? You can tell when people have the post-christmas-junk-look. Don't let that be you, wear a new hat, or new shoes with other things that you have owned. Then the next day wear old things, you want to divi it out, and not clump it up. Keeping it fresh and always something new.

3. Teachers: the way that teachers see us is weird, it's like they have some sort of other world their in where it's okay to pic favorites, grade papers randomly and not make sense, be moody and have a power that just never seems fair. And yes they are the teacher but just try to stay on their good side. Do what ever you can, without becoming a try hard teachers pet, to make them happy. To show a teacher that you care, is not bring them shining apples, but to deliver good grades a positive attitude and always participate. It's a new year, so step up in your classes, not only will it help you with teachers but also with your grades. 

4. Kick the negativity: 
I realized last semester in Morning Chorale, which may be my least favorite class that if you learn to enjoy it, it will move faster and become more fun. Instead of dreading the moment, put a smile on and pay attention to what is going on. Even if that smile is plastered on with super glue it will help you with an open mind that will make time fly faster and information soak in more clearly. If you are groaning and giving up while taking notes, don't quit and cry about it, be apart of the class and ask questions, everything helps in the long run.

5. Make the Smart Choice: Personally, my health is awful, I eat nothing but carbs and desserts and rely on my metabolism to do the rest. I don't exercise or do any sports and that has got to stop. Eating poorly and treating your body in a lazy way sends bad messages to your mind. If your happy healthy and exercised, your brain and heart will be too. That's why I am this year I am going to drop the Tuesday Friday sugar cookie and Will Abbott white bread tower, and pick up a salad with many colors and variety and go on a run. I am not bothered by my weight at all because I love my body, I just don't think that the inside is very happy and in the long run I would like to keep my figure just the way it is, rather than those cookies and bread catching up with me. So if you make the smart choice of your food and exercise then your mind and body will thank you, and prove it to you with your educational performance.

6. Procrastination: Get off Facebook, good. Now give me your phone, good. And your iPod, alright. What? are you making a movie? no. Get out of the TV room, thank you. Chose your outfit for tomorrow after you finish your homework! Sweep aside the distractions and get the studies in action, second semester, procrastination is not an option. This has always been a problem for me. I have made a schedule for my after school activities and I am prepared to stay focused, on top and ready for anything in school. My plan is that I am going to workout everyday after school in the school work out room, then come home, tidy up my room (if this becomes an everyday thing, then room should generally never get messy) do hardest to easiest homework first {prioritize}, then study for quizzes or tests. This way I am ready to face the year and never be missing a paper, forget about a quiz, or not study hard enough. There is no real reason that anyone should ever be on social network sites or playing with non school things. After completing homework that is due the next day, get ahead or keep studying. There is nothing better than the feeling of being able to answer all the questions in class, and get them right. Just keep studying until dinner and bed. This sounds crazy, but it's the number one way to keep your grades at A's. 

I hope these help, or at least give you a rough idea of what you think your next semester year should look like. Stay happy healthy smart and in good shape for the new year. Since I wont procrastinate, this will be my last blog until Friday {maybe} 

No comments

Post a Comment

What's On Your Mind?